Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Just finishing my 3rd cup of coffee.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Just finishing my 3rd cup of coffee.......

    Was browsing through the forum finishing my coffee, I just had a brilliant thought. Now, I know I am as guilty of this as others are, but I have just decided that this whole game of "jumping others" because we don't like something they said has got to stop. Yeah, I know they can be pretty aggravating sometimes: We all are.

    Is it really worth the aggravation, though, of fanning the flames? I like this forum, and most of the people who post on it, but we all have to remember that it is just a forum. It is not the center of the universe. I don't like a$$holes, either. But you know what? They are just like opinions, everybody has one and we are all entitled to our own opinions.

    Several of us on here have taken what I call "the bully role" to different levels. Several on here have multiple screen names and as such use that to help fan the flames. I know of at least 15 on here that do. I have only this name and that is all. Just looking at the number of registered users (1484) as of this morning kinda makes you wonder just how many of these posters have different names.

    Then we have the ones who frequent other forums, which is great, but some only do that to add more fuel to the fire such as going to the other forums and pm'ing others just to add fuel to the fire. I guess it just shows the amount of maturity we have sometimes.

    Most of you probably think that I am only rambling because I have "one too many". Not that way at all. I haven't had anything to drink since getting back from Brunswick. Maybe the coffee is making me do it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just finishing my 3rd cup of coffee.......

    I had an issue with one poster. I took a new approach to it,and have been cool ever since. I have 1 name on here. As for the "other" board,to each his own (not for me,but not something I give any thought to). Sometimes we forget just how unimportant the internet really is. Folks taking things way too seriously. I agree with what you say about everybody's right to their opinion. I even went as far to defend one's right to speak on here (from what I hear, she has flamed me on this "other" board though lol) when many were ripping her to shreds. If we are on here long enough,we're not going to agree on everything, but there's no room for the personal attacks. I have lived and learned-don't claim to be nowhere near perfect. I am just learning to turn the other cheek from time to time.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just finishing my 3rd cup of coffee.......

    Great early morning read. I'm working on my first cup of the day. I don't know if there are people on here that play the bully role, I guess that's all in the eye of the beholder. Instigators and pilers-on, definitely. It is evident, from doing a lot of reading and only a little posting, that there are a diverse number of personalities on this forum. Unlike most social settings, where there truly are cliques of people with like personalities, tendencies, and interests, we're forced to all share the same space and somehow find a way to get along. Ain't gonna happen. I, too, am fascinated by the thought of somebody having multiple ID's and therefore, possibly, having multiple personalities. That gets a little spooky. I really like this place, as it is an opportunity to catch up on all the happenings in SWVA and talk about everything under the sun. Time for cup #2. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just finishing my 3rd cup of coffee.......

    I'm just one who speaks my mind. I guess some people are so child like in mind, they don't notice how they make fools of themselves. Arrogance will get you nowhere, and I've found out who my true friends are. I've laid off the ones who get my dander up, and concentrate on people who post knowledgeable and worthwhile material. If I want to act like I did in high school, I'll make a phone call. It is so much easier and alot more private. I won't air my personal problems on here just to garner attention. I know it is hard for some people because of how they were raised, but getting on an internet board and talking about every little topic is so childish. Especially to strangers. I like most of you all, but some I just can't stomach.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just finishing my 3rd cup of coffee.......

    Are we still buds burrhead?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just finishing my 3rd cup of coffee.......

    You bet bucko!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just finishing my 3rd cup of coffee.......

    Coffee makes my pee stink.
    GO VOLS

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ocean360's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2005
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just finishing my 3rd cup of coffee.......

    i like coffee... I wanna go to a coffee shop :-)

    anyone wanna go?

    just message me and we shall make plans to go this summer!!!
    "None are more hopelesly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •